What is "is_pointer_event" in goo_canvas_get_item_at ?

Hi,

thanks to your help, my mapping application now runs with goocanvas 99% like it did with
gnomecanvas. The only difference is that goocanvas clips the entire view to the bounds which
i actually like. I still have to test run it on the n810 being my primary target and see if the
performace of goocanvas is sufficient.

I discovered that i have to set is_pointer_event to TRUE so that goo_canvas_get_item_at only
returns polylines if you are actually on those lines. If i set it to FALSE polylines also are returned
if the given coordinate is within the area sourrounded by the polyline. Why is that? The
documentation also isn't very helpful:

is_pointer_event: TRUE if the "pointer-events" property of items should be used to determine
which parts of the item are tested.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks so far,
  Till