Re: Get current canvas position

Hi,

Am Montag 13 Oktober 2008 schrieb Damon Chaplin:
> No, I don't think there is a way at present. You could possibly use some
> of the private variables in the GooCanvas struct if you're using C, but
> that isn't ideal.
But that seems to be the only useful way to do this ... i'll look into this.

I am using this on the Maemo plattform and it wouldn't be much of an
effort to update the library there. So any function being added to the
goocanvas would be useful to me immediately :-)

> We could add a function to return the offsets, both in pixels and in
> device coordinates. (We could return negative numbers if the canvas is
That's be a good idea.

> zoomed right out and placed somewhere in the middle of the allocated
> space).
How can this happen? If i zoom far out the canvas always sticks to the upper
left corner. I'd actually prefer it to be centered once it's smaller than the
available screen space. How can i achieve that?

Till