Missing callback in animation API ?

I am using the animation API but I did not found a way to accurately
perform an action once the animation is complete.

I tried to set a timer with the same duration as the one I provide in
the animate call but it is not accurate enough. I don't expect a
millisecond accuracy but here I have 1 ore 2 seconds mismatch. Perhaps
there is a problem in the animation code or something I don't do
properly.

Even if it worked with a timeout, don't you think it would be better to
have the ability to provide a callback ?

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids