Re: [Goocanvas-devel] creating a surface or pattern from a pixbuf
- From: "Gian Mario Tagliaretti" <gianmt gnome org>
- To: "Brandon Lewis" <brandon_lewis berkeley edu>
- Cc: goocanvas-list gnome org, goocanvas-devel <goocanvas-devel lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [Goocanvas-devel] creating a surface or pattern from a pixbuf
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:53:13 +0100
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Brandon Lewis
<brandon_lewis berkeley edu> wrote:
> In the python bindings, there does not seem to be an easy way to create a
> pattern or surface from a pixbuf. I have tried using the cairo
> ImageSurface.create_from_data, but this barfs when I try to pass in the value of
> either pixbuf.get_pixels() or pixbuf.get_pixels_array().
Maybe it's related to this bug (now fixed in pycairo)
> I noticed that in the C
> library there is a helpful goo_canvas_cairo_pattern_from_pixbuf() which is used
> to implement the Image item. Why isn't this function exposed in the python bindings?
those functions are not public, the patch should be quite trivial
though, if Damon agrees I can send a patch for it.
Brandon please use the new list on gnome, thanks!
goocanvas-list gnome org
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
GNOME Foundation member
gianmt gnome org
] [Thread Prev