spurious text

Hi,
I have created several of my own Canvas Items which are based very heavily on GooCanvasRectModel. I have used these items in a GooCanvasTable. I recently added some text to these canvas items using the "Toy" text API in Cairo and functions such as cairo_show_text(). This worked well and would render as I expected. The problem comes when one moves the mouse over/into the table items containing the text. When this happens some spurious text is rendered outside the table area. This problem is best illustrated using the picture I have attached. The R1 to the far left is the spurious text. I have drawn rectangles around the canvas items for clarity.

One can cover the canvas and expose it again and this text "disappears" but as soon as the mouse is moved over the canvas item the spurious text is drawn again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Richard.

PNG image