Re: [GOK] Why ui grabbing in direct selection mode of gok?

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for raising this. I think it is important to consider the
difference between interacting with GOK keys, and interacting directly
with the interface. Here's some reasons I can see for leaving ui
grabbing enabled for the direct selection access method.

* GOK keys can be bigger than the widgets (or actions) they proxy (==
larger target area).
* If the user is interacting with GOK anyways, perhaps for text input...
it might be an advantage just to interact with GUI within GOK, instead
of moving the pointer a greater distance to perform a UI interaction
that may even be less pleasant than GOK's ui grab.
* GOK can provide key averaging and other smarts to help users who might
have tremors but who might want to use direct selection.
* Etc.

Thoughts?

cheers,
David