Re: Problem compiling goffice under MSYS2

Le 20/01/2021 à 00:26, Morten Welinder a écrit :
--without-long-double
Thanks Morten.
Could you please elaborate a bit on this option?
Why is it necessary on win32 and not Linux?
Which consequences does it have? (I reckon, less precise calculations, but appart from that?) Is it a problem if you exchange .gnumeric files with somebody who does not have the same option on his/her Gnumeric?

Also, goffice now compiles but there are a lot of warnings (see below for an example).
Is there something we can do about them?

Thanks and all the best,

Frédéric

------------------------

*** Warning: This system cannot link to static lib archive C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/libgsf-1.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lws2_32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libws2_32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libws2_32.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lz.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libz and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/libz.dll.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lgdi32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libgdi32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libgdi32.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -limm32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libimm32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libimm32.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lshell32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libshell32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libshell32.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lole32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libole32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libole32.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lwinmm.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libwinmm and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libwinmm.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -ldwmapi.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libdwmapi and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libdwmapi.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lsetupapi.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libsetupapi and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libsetupapi.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lcfgmgr32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libcfgmgr32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libcfgmgr32.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.