Writing a new plugin

Hello, new to Gnumeric here. It's nice. :)

I was looking for documentation describing the API for plugins and more generally how a plugin is organized. I am looking to make a new plugin from scratch.

I intend to use the D programming language (https://dlang.org) which is ABI compatible with C (and also largely compatible with C++) and has very powerful data abstraction. It also has excellent numerics.

(I have my reasons, so please don't reply if you were thinking of suggesting I use Python or some other language.)

Can you please suggest the best written stuff about this?

@non-null