Re: copying empty cells, or not

We have the semantics of, say, 0+blank, from Excel.  While we could
certainly make
our own definition of what 0+blank should be, going that way is not
going to improve
interoperability.  If you're going to break interoperability,
COPYVALUE is the cleaner
and more explicit way.

A quick google suggests that Excel has no copy-value formula.  I
certainly know of
no such formula.  It's no secret that the semantics of Excel formulas
are, shall we
say, not always well thought through.  But it is what we have to play with.

Most vector operations ignore strings, booleans, and blanks.  You're
better of building
a solution around that as it should come with the ability to share
formulas with others.

Actually, be wary of booleans if you need to interoperate with
LibreOffice.  Last I checked
they did not have a concept of boolean values, only of numbers
formatted as booleans.

M.