GoalSeek as a Function (not only a tool) in Gnumeric

Dear Gnumeric Developers and Community,

Good Evening!

My name is Eduardo Moraes and I'm an economist from Brazil.

I need to run some Monte Carlo simulations in Gnumeric but the variable of my interest can only be obtained using the GoalSeek tool. Unfortunately, it is impossible to run this GoalSeek tool at the end of every simulation on Gnumeric. I believe that the simplest solution would be to create a GOALSEAK sheet function in Gnumeric (something that doesn't exist on Excel or LibreOffice either). Together with the existing simulation tool, this function would be amazing for Monte Carlo analysis.

How can I contribute to the project in order to implement this new function? I have some Python programming knowledge and I can test this (or other) sheet functions that need testing. I have experience in finance modeling in Python and spreadsheets, and I'm currently doing my master's degree in Finance.

Is there any way I can contribute to this project?

Thank you in advance!!