From: Utkarsh Bhiogade <bhiogade20 gmail com>
Date: Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Help in Getting Gnumeric row and Column Number
To: <mwelinder gmail com>

Respected Sir/Maam,
I'm Utkarsh and I've been working on a small project in which Gnumeric is used. I'm facing a small issue while implementing the logic and was hoping if you could help.

What I'm trying to do is, let's say in cell D1 I write "=column()" which returns the column number as 4, and if I pass "=row()" it returns 1. Now I want to write a user-defined python function in the plugin file which will do some work, but for that function to work, it needs the row and column number of the cell from which that function was called, eg if I call function "=py_somesample_finction" in cell D1, without passing any arguments, I should be able to get the row and column number of D1 in the function definition of the plugin file so that the function then can use that value and execute its functionality using it.

I'll be grateful to get some help on this.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Regards!

Utkarsh Bhiogade
Student,
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur
MH, India
Mob  : +91 7744806205