Re: Contributing to Gnumeric

Hello Dan,

Gnumeric is mostly in maintenance mode these days, so there is little writing going on, either on the web site or for the documentation. If you are looking to join a vibrant community, I suggest you look to other efforts within GNOME. You might look here:
  https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Contributing

If you are interested, in particular, to work on the Gnumeric spreadsheet, then we could talk about your specific interests to see what would be the most fun for you to work on. Let us know what motivates you in particular: e.g. presenting user interfaces, explaining workflows, presenting complex analysis. The documentation is in particular need of:
  1) being updated to the latest releases
  2) including a deep explanation of the spreadsheet native addressing
     scheme: R#C#
The former involves redoing most of the screenshots, the latter requires a deep understanding of spreadsheets.

cheers,
  ~adrian