 Subject: Re: Fourier transform
 To: "Jean Brefort" <jean brefort free fr>, "Mark Lytle" <mlytle0 sbcglobal net>, gnumeric-list gnome org
 Date: Friday, February 8, 2019, 11:14 AM

 Hi Jean,

 Do you know if there has been work on the
 periodogram function after
 Franck's
 work?
 I tried the function several times but
 I never manage to get sensible
 results.

 All the best,

 Frédéric

 Le 08/02/2019 à 17:27, Jean Brefort a
 écrit :
Hello,

The Fourier function
 takes three arguments, but only one is needed. The
first argument is a row or column of data
 to be transformed, the second
is a
 boolean to select the transform type, direct or inverse, and
 the
third is another boolean to select
 to separate real and imaginary parts
of
 the result (the default is no separation).

The function returns
 an array of one column of complex numbers or two
columns of real numbers. Each column has a
 number of data equal to the
power of 2
 just above the number of input data (the fft algorithm
 needs
2^n data, so if you give,
 let's say 100 numbers, 28 0s will be
appended).

As for all array functions, you need to
 select the output area, type
the
 function and its arguments, and validate using
 Ctrl+Shift+Enter?

 Hope this helps,
Jean

Le vendredi 08