feature request

Hi all,
First of all, thanks so much for this program! It's the only decent stand-alone spreadsheet program i have found. I go with the philosophy of "do one thing and do it well." For me, all these "libre", "free", etc suites are about as encumbered as the originals they try to copy.

Secondly, apologies if i should be putting feature suggestions someplace else... feel free to send me the correct link for such things.

Those caveats aside, i never use the status bar. For me it is simply in the way taking up unnecessary screen space on my 12.5" laptop. So every time i bring up Gnumeric, i immediately turn this off. I would love to see it placed under toolbars with the rest, and with an option to turn it off by default. Seems this would address the preferences of every user. Just my thoughts, and a big thank you for reading them!

peace
bill