The tabbed sheet indicator disappeared in some sheets

Maybe that's silly but annoying... In some of my sheets the bottom  tabbed sheet indicator has disappeared.

When I create a new spreadsheet I see the tabs in it but not in the already created spreadsheeds.

I tried to open the spreadsheet in LibreOffice (in which the tab is shown and all the sheets are visible) and save it in xls format, but upon opening in the Gnumeric the problem presists.

I can still manage the sheets through the Sheet manager (from the Format menu on top) so I am certain that the sheets are there, all of them are editable (open lockers) and visible (eye icon).

Is there any way to make the panel visible? Neither googling nor playing with the settings helped me.

WIth Regards,

Pawel