Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2018 at 2:58 PM
From: "Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow pyrshep ca>
To: gnumeric-list gnome org
Subject: Re: how to highlight duplicate text in columns?

Let's say that A1:A10 is the region of interest.

Select A1 down to A10 so that A1 is the primary cell.
Then choose Format->Cells->Conditional Formatting
Click Edit Style and pick the Background Color Red, OK
Select as condition "_expression_ x evaluates to TRUE".
Enter as x: countif(A$1:A$10,A1)>1  and finish with tab
click "Add"
click "close"

Any cells with duplicate value in A1:A10 should now be highlighted in red.

Andreas