Re: ssconvert: long running time (hours) - is there a diagnostic signal?

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017, Morten Welinder wrote:

I would be interested in the dataset that caused this to happen.  Can
you share it?
There really shouldn't be anything in xlsx causing such problems.

I too have a problematic file. It's a .gnumeric file I stopped using because it began taking several minutes to load, and then, once opened, some operations took forever too, so I started another one from scratch.

I just timed it on my computer: it took about 7 minutes @ 100% CPU to open that file. The file is not huge (500ko, a couple hundred lines, a dozen columns), it is home made, no fancy stuff except some conditional formatting. It became slow at some point and only got worse after that.

  Do you want that I send it to you in private?

Faithfully yours,
  Stéphane.