Re: Gnumeric increasingly slow while editing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wiebe Cazemier" <wiebe halfgaar net>
To: "Morten Welinder" <mortenw gnome org>
Sent: Monday, 9 November, 2015 7:09:12 PM
Subject: Re: Gnumeric increasingly slow while editing

Unforunately, this does not seem to be it. I occasionally get "Clipboard
successfully claimed." And then "Lost clipboard ownership." when I copy in
another application.

BTW. When I press the sequence "3-enter-3-enter-3-enter" to enter values at
about 2 to 3 keystrokes per second, gnumeric hovers around 70% CPU. This
when I just opened an existing spreadsheet. It's about 25% for a new one.

Regards,

Wiebe

I was trying to build a recent git clone, but Linux Mint 17 (newest) is only new enough to compile 1.12.9.
And then I had problems running from the build dir because it couldn't find its XML menu definitions (which
would be fixable, probably).

I'd like to see if I can help diagnose this, but before I spend a lot of time trying to get it to compile
etc, is there any smart advice to get going? What (not) to do?

Or is this perhaps one of those hard to debug GUI toolkit issues? I mean, I have other experience with Gnome
apps being very slow in KDE. I'd rather not get into debugging X, GTK and Qt.