updated gtk2 2.24.28 and gtk3 3.14.13 for win64 by tschoonj

Hello great gnumeric developers,

see  updated GTK2 and GTK3 win64 Versions at

https://github.com/tschoonj/GTK-for-Windows-Runtime-Environment-Installer

For win64 new gtk2 is 2.24.28 is now new version, previous was 2.24.10.  2.24.28 is also last in linux.
For win64 new gtk3 is 3.14.13 is now new version, previous was 3.14.7.    3.14.13 was actual at compiling date.

Official gnome versions for win32 is 2.24.10 and 3.6.4 with some errors more.
Official gnome versions for win64 is 2.22.1  and 3.6.4 with more than some errors.

So a new windows trial of gnumeric is better possible. Please check.

I hope we can see  win64-Versions of Gnumeric for gtk2 1.10.1x or gtk3 1.12.1x for Windows this year.

Best greetings

txt at   https://github.com/tschoonj/GTK-for-Windows-Runtime-Environment-Installer

GTK+ for Windows Runtime Environment Installer: 64-bit

This repository is a fork of the GTK+ for Windows Runtime Environment Installer that was originally created by Alexander Shaduri. My efforts here will focus on creating a 64-bit version of the GTK+-2 runtime that he has been providing so far, using up to date versions of GTK+ and its dependencies. Recently I have also created a 64-bit GTK+-3 runtime package. All packages now contain Gtkmm and its dependencies too. Since the GTK+ developers recently dropped support for stock icons (a mistake of epic proportions IMHO...), I added the Adwaita icon theme to the GTK+-3 runtime, so you can still enjoy pretty filechooserdialogs etc! I have also added a couple of commonly used libraries such as libxml++ and libxslt.

The installers can be found here.

Keep in mind though that these packages are experimental. Binary compatibility between versions is not guaranteed!!!.

Both for convencience as well as for increased reliability across installations, it is recommended for developers to compile and link against the GTK+ SDK that I used to create the installers. This SDK can also be obtained at the aforementioned url.

The current releases (gtk2-runtime-2.24.28-2015-07-03-ts-win64.exe and gtk3-runtime-3.14.13-2015-07-03-ts-win64.exe) have been compiled using GCC 5.1.0 (MinGW-w64 installed from TDM-GCC). The included GTK+ dependencies were selected according to the flowchart used by Hexchat. The source tarballs can be obtained by clicking on the names of the dependencies in the following list:

For all other information regarding how to use the installer, the reader is kindly referred to the Alexander Shaduri's website of the GTK for Windows runtime environment installer. The only difference with the installers found at this website is that mine DO NOT have the compatdlls option, but this should present no problems to any user.

Personally I use this installer in my XMI-MSIM project. You may want to have a look at my Inno Setup (new) and NSIS (old) based installers.

Tom Schoonjans