Re: Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10

Le dimanche 27 octobre 2013 à 14:15 +1100, alan a écrit :
I have posted the following in Ubuntu forums and got no reply.

"

Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10
        I have just upgraded to Xubuntu 13.10 from 13.04.

        When I click on a .gnumeric file to open it Gnumeric fails to
        open and gives an error message
        "/home/username/Documents/xyz.gnumeric - no such file". In
        this message username is not my real user name so the path to
        the file is incorrect.

This is clearly a file manager bug. Gnumeric is called with this file
name as argument, as it does not exists, Gnumeric can't open it.

        When I open Gnumeric from the menu it comes up OK but if I try
        to open a file from within Gnumeric the program just closes
        without any error message.

Not even in .xsessions-errors? Gnumeric should not crash, that might be
a bug we should deal with.

Regards,
Jean

        Before upgrading I have used Gnumeric extensively for years
        and never had any problem with it.

        TIA

        Alan
"

and...

"

Re: Gnumeric not working after upgrade to Xubuntu 13.10
        Exactly the same thing is happening after I upgraded from
        Kubuntu 13.04 to 13.10

        Does anyone have any suggestions? If I am posting to the wrong
        forum would someone please advise me.

        TIA

        Alan

"