'ssconvert' has not been installed during installation of 'gnumeric' R-package

Hello!

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and I tried to install the 'gnumeric' package, which worked after I installed the 'XML' package and also performed:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Package installation seems to have worked well, but when I make the following function call I get an error message:
library("gnumeric")
df <- read.gnumeric.sheet(file = "table.ods", head = TRUE, sheet.name = "Feuille1")

The error states that the program "ssconvert" could not be found.

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Best regards,
Sebastian