Help with Python scripting

In the 1.12 doc section 18.3.4.3 there is a helper function range_ref_to_tuple(range_ref).  The author of
that function suggests there may be a better way.  I have been exploring this.  I see that the range_ref has
one method named get_tuple().  When applied to the range_ref the tuple returns two elements both Cell_Ref
types.  When I do dir(on the elements) I get two null lists.  How can I find the contents of the cell CellRef
points to?  Does anyone know what info the CellRefs points to?  Thanks.

John