Re: X axis label from column?

On Thu, 2013-06-06 at 23:18 -0700, David Benfell wrote:
Hi all,

I'm completely failing how to do this.

I have a spreadsheet. Column A contains the year, which I would like
to use as labels on the X axis. But when I untick the box for
automatic and point the minimum and maximum scale to the appropriate
values, the plot lines disappear, as if it takes those scales as
indicating cells relative to {0,0} (which are, of course, far off from
my data and therefore empty).

How do I do what I want?

This may depend on the chart type.

For XY plots, you want to enter A:A (or so) in the (X) entry on the data
tab for the Series (not for the axis, since the axis will get the info
from the data to be shown).

For a line plot you wan to enter A:A (or so) in  the (Labels) entry on
the data tab for the Series (not for the axis, since the axis will get
the info from the data to be shown).

etc.

Andreas

--