Re: MacPorts Gnumeric copy-paste bug

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 14:34 -0800, Ioan Chera wrote:
Hi, I'm using Gnumeric on my early-2008 MacBook with OS X 10.7.5.

It's Gnumeric version: 1.10.17 installed by MacPorts, as
"gnumeric-1.10.17_1+python27+universal.darwin_11.i386-x86_64.tbz2".
Apparently during the run it can't find "Python Launcher.app" and
"Build Applet.app" from inside "/Applications/MacPorts/Python
2.7" (because they didn't get installed).

The actual bug in this situation is when I try to copy-paste a block
of cells. If I press control-C to copy several cells (a block of
selected cells), I will see no "marching ants", and when I press
control-V to paste, the "Text Import Configuration" dialog appears
with the copied text. It looks as if it doesn't recognize the copied
text as Gnumeric native. The file is untitled.

On a single copied cell, it acts correctly, no "text import" dialog.

This description matches the behaviour that is observed when you have a
faulty 'clipboard manager' running: the clipboard manager immediately
claims the clipboard and Gnumeric passes the clipboard content to the
manager and surrenders the clipboard. At that time the marching ants
stop (so you may never see them if the surrender happens immediately).
When you  paste inside Gnumeric, Gnumeric receives the data from the
'manager' in text format only and this triggers the text import.

So this is a problem with your 'clipboard manager'.

Andreas

--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>