using python: crash, when importing gtk

Sorry to bother again. One strange thing I saw, and I don't understand, is a crash, when importing gtk in a
plugin (i compiled 1.11.3)

First I want to say, I'm not sure, if the "bug" is in gnumeric. I suspect, the bug is in gtk...

At the beginning of the plugin, there is:

import pygtk

pygtk.require('2.0')

import gtk

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40: Warning: specified class size for type
`PyGtkGenericCellRenderer' is smaller than the parent type's `GtkCellRenderer' class size
  from gtk import _gtk
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40: Warning: g_type_get_qdata: assertion `node !=
NULL' failed
  from gtk import _gtk
Segmentation fault

If I left out the gtk, it runs. But then I cannot use gtk dialogs and other stuffs anymore.

On 1.10.17, everything ist fine with using/importing gtk.

XUbuntu 12.04 precise

If I call python from terminal, everything is fine:
import gtk (no error)