Memory Issue with large files

Hi,

Are there any tips for using Gnumeric with large files. I have a spreadsheet
that is 8M in gnumeric format, but when I load it it uses 1G of my memory.
The spreadsheet has 65K rows, and if I add a column and put a simple fomula
in each cell. The memory usage shoots up to 3G.  (I have 4G on machine)

If I then Save, close and reopen it it's back to 1G.

This making working with the files very tricky.

Any help appreciated.