Object parameter values in a cell?

Hello All:
I am thinking about a teaching tool to use in my biomechanics course. My idea is to have a force vector represented by an arrow (not very original I know). The force is applied to a person but the student can manipulate the size of the arrow (magnitude of the force) as well as the direction, and the point at which the force is applied to the person. He or she would do this by dragging the arrow around just as if trying to make something look right. If I could access the height and width values I could then use those in equations to show them the expected outcome for the force as they manipulate it. Might help dry topics like inverse dynamics really come alive. So, is it possible to use drawing object parameter values in calculations in cells? If so, could one of you give me just a basic example?
Thanks,
Jim

--
James C. Martin PhD, FACSM