Re: how to make pie chart of categorized things?

Hi

You need to evaluate the data you want to plot somewere in the sheet.
You might use the sumif function for that. If you use, say, colums H and
I, you might fill them with:

H               I
Fun             =sumif(B:B,concatenate("=",H1),G:G)
Need            =sumif(B:B,concatenate("=",H2),G:G)
Buisness        =sumif(B:B,concatenate("=",H3),G:G)

You don't need to type the formula in all cells in column I, just copy
the one in I1 to the other cells.
Then you can use the data in the plot.

Hope this helps,
Jean