Re: Layout of the Gnumeric Preferences dialog

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 21:19 +0200, Dieter Spahn wrote:
Dear all,

I work with Gnumeric on Fedora for a very long time now (I guess since
Fedora Core 5 or so), and it's been a pleasure for me to work with this
great spreadsheet program. But where light is there is also some shadow!
With shadow I mean the visual appearance of the input fields inside the
'Preferences' dialog.

Dear Gnumeric developers can you please explain to me why the text in
front of the input fields is aligned at the top of each field while in
all other Gnumeric dialogs the text is aligned at the center (which
looks much more naturally to me)?

I know, it has no influence on functionality, but it would be great if
this discrepancy could be corrected in a future release.

I guess nobody has ever noticed that and the dialog is automatically
created not directly handcrafted so I guess nobody ever looked at it
that closely.

Please file an appropriate request at bugzilla.gnome.org
product=gnumeric. Chances are that requests on the mailing list get
forgotten over time.

Andreas
--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>