Re: Re: Auto-update charts after copy/paste

Actually, this is related to bug #2165, our oldest bug currently ;-)

Le samedi 21 août 2010 à 14:55 +0000, Andreas Schneider a écrit :
Many thanks for the fast reply. I think I can use the "duplicate"-function to speed things up a bit -
almost a shame I did not find this solution myself =) Nevertheless I think it could sometimes be a valuable
function to provide a "link graph data to current sheet"-button in the chart preferences. Maybe in a future
gnumeric-version. Best wishes,

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Brefort <jean brefort normalesup org>
To: Andreas Schneider <Andreas Schneider stmail uni-bayreuth de>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:09:52 +0200
Subject: Re: Auto-update charts after copy/paste

I think the simple way to do that is to duplicate your sheet (using
Edit/Sheet/Duplicate or the contextual manage sheets menu) and then
change the data.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jean

Le vendredi 20 août 2010 à 18:50 +0000, Andreas Schneider a écrit :
For a research project I have filled several sheets in a gnumeric-file
with different values. All sheets are identically formatted, based
upon the same data mask. I have created a complex barchart for the
first of the sheets (took me quite some time...) and I exspected, that
if I copy/paste this chart into the remaining sheets it will take use
of the data there and show updated bars. For example the graph data
for my x-axis in the first sheet reads "'sheet1'!$A$2:$A$101". After
copy/pasting to "sheet2" it doesn't change to "'sheet2'!$A$2:$A$101"
but still remains "'sheet1'!$A$2:$A$101". Do I have to adapt all the
references by hand for every sheet or is there a trick to do the job
automatically, e.g. by a search-and-replace-function or a special
piece of code instead of "'sheet1'!"? Any help appreciated =)