Auto-update charts after copy/paste

For a research project I have filled several sheets in a gnumeric-file with different values. All sheets are
identically formatted, based upon the same data mask. I have created a complex barchart for the first of the
sheets (took me quite some time...) and I exspected, that if I copy/paste this chart into the remaining
sheets it will take use of the data there and show updated bars. For example the graph data for my x-axis in
the first sheet reads "'sheet1'!$A$2:$A$101". After copy/pasting to "sheet2" it doesn't change to
"'sheet2'!$A$2:$A$101" but still remains "'sheet1'!$A$2:$A$101". Do I have to adapt all the references by
hand for every sheet or is there a trick to do the job automatically, e.g. by a search-and-replace-function
or a special piece of code instead of "'sheet1'!"? Any help appreciated =)