How to contribute to the documentation?

Hello gnumeric-list this is Lee McKusick,

        I would like to contribute to the documentation.

        My initial question is:  Could we add footnotes to the user guide that
link to example spreadsheets?

        Or to ask a little more fancy question: Could we create a gallery or
wiki of function example spreadsheets and task example spreadsheets? Or
could we simply make links to some of the distribution test files where
the files are good examples of gnumeric programming?

        I am a user of Gnumeric and I feel the inner tool could benefit from a
wider ring of user support. It is a mature piece of software. Mature to
a user like me means I'd like to see working examples with comments and
validation tests.

        My experience is: I write a blog and I need to graph some data. I need
to do spherical trig (in degrees) and linear regression and text file
import and graph export tasks about once every 4 months.

        Four months is long enough time passed that I forget stuff like date
syntax and where is the pi constant. I would use an example spreadsheet
for ideas on how to audit and verify my programming effort. This is
where a commented non-trivial function-example spreadsheet would help.