Re: Mac OSX - no c compiler

I'm not really a mac guy but I've heard rumours to the effect that you need to install something called "xcode" from your OSX install disks. This should provide gcc & friends.
Compiling gnumeric yourself might be doing things the hard way, given the library dependencies. Again merely rumour but isn't there darwin ports or fink that have a binary all ready to go for you?
Good luck
Hal