Re: force updating using ssconvert

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 10:12 +0800, bill lam wrote:
I want to update all gnumeric xml format file to the latest version
(currently 1.9.9). I tried using ssconvert in the form
  sconvert --export-type=Gnumeric_XmlIO:sax

However it seems ssconvert will convert nothing if the input file is already
the same format as the output.  Is there any workaround apart from doing a
round trip via biff format (which I fear would change semantic content)?

When I call ssconvert as
ssconvert --export-type=Gnumeric_XmlIO:sax easter.gnumeric

It replaces the file easter.gnumeric with a new version of it (THe size
changed by a few bytes and the modification date changed.)

What happens in your case?

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>