Re: gnumeric compilation failure

Le dimanche 15 novembre 2009 à 17:18 +0800, bill lam a écrit :
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009, Jean Bréfort wrote:
Le dimanche 15 novembre 2009 à 16:32 +0800, bill lam a écrit :
Just tried to compile gnumeric from git, it failed with message.

Making all in source
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/bill/src/gnumeric/src/tools/solver/glpk/source'
make[8]: Entering directory `/home/bill/src/gnumeric/src/tools/solver/glpk/source'
make[8]: *** No rule to make target `glpavl.c', needed by `glpavl.lo'.  Stop.

If that matters, I use ./configure from gnumeric 1.9.15 tarball, because
autogen.sh depends on gnome that I don't want to install.

It does matter, please run at least automake before configure
(autogen.sh is ways better, of course since you might have libtool (or
other) version conflict).

I just tried automake but there was libtool version conflict. I guess
mine is much older in debian lenny.  Any possibility to include
configure in git for those who don't want to install gnome (like me).

Not a good idea, imho, since all developpers don't have the same
autotools/libtool versions. You don't need to install gnome, just
gnome-common which is a collection of macros and only requests autoconf,
automake, libtool, pkg-config, gettext, and intltool.