Re: selected text in cell not high-lighted

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Jean Bréfort wrote:
Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 15:01 +0800, bill lam a écrit :
When editing context of a cell, the part of text selected are not
high-lighted (but that appeared in the top edit bar are correctly
high-lighted).  The problem happens both in light-on-dark and
dark-on-light theme.

As far as I know, this has never been implemented. Please, file an
enhancement request at

I reported but it is a duplicate of enhancement request in 2003

On reading its comment, I still wonder why it had not be honored.
When I navigate to a cell and press F2 to start editing, I do not
habitually turn my head upwards to look at the top bar. IMO
openoffice make more sense in this aspect.

Just my two cents and ymmv.

GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver --recv-keys 4434BAB3