Re: specifying a cell by referencing another cell

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 07:51:17PM -0400, ken wrote:
Say I have the value "13" in cell A3.  Then, in another cell, say B3, I
want to specify the value in column B and row whatever-is-in-A3.  I've
tried expressions in B3 like:

=B(A3)
=B[A3]
=B$A3

and so forth.  But I can't figure out what the syntax would be.

Any total gurus know the right combination of letters and characters to
do this?

=INDIRECT("B"&A3)

OFFSET() is another function that can do stuff like this.

HTH,

- olly