splash screen

I found that splash screen and reading file progress bar
1. can not be disabled with --no-splash
2. the hint for main window might be incorrect and its width become double
   of the width of screen. (I use nvidia but do not have two monitors)

I know nothing about window hint but I attached emails for reference context: