Sharing Gnumeric files on a network

Hi, I'm using version 1.9.10 (on win). I intend to use it on a
network, where more than one person could access same files at the
same time. How to avoid editing the same file in parallel?

See the example from Vim (the most powerful editor :-), which creates
a kind of "locking" file (.swp), indicating it is already being
edited, while the lock exists.

See a discussion about the same feature request above, from other guy.

Kind regards,

Felipe Castro.

Hello,
This is because of differences between MS windows and UNIX in how they
treat files. MS windows 'locks' a file when one program is using it to
prevent any other program from accessing the file. UNIX programs work
with a copy of the file which they then replace after use. This is what
Mr. Welinder meant by 'locking' in case his answer seemed obscure.

Adrian