Re: Database Functions

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 10:18 -0500, Charles Van deZande wrote:
Hi!
I'm working with a database that contains descriptions of sport shoes
(walking, running, etc).  I am trying to count the number of brown
shoes with prices > $90, for example.  The function I'm using is
=DCOUNTA(address of datablock, column "Cost", address of criteria).
The address of the criteria block is H1:J2 where H1:J1 contains Color
and Cost; H2:J2 contains Brown and >90.  I've tried it with quotes and
no quotes around the labels and I keep getting the error "#NUM!".
Thanks for any suggestions.
CHV

I am not quite sure I understand what you are doing. You may have to be
a bit more explicit, but the criteria should have the label above the
value, so: "H2:J2 contains Brown and >90" is not right it should be
H2:H3 contains...

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow