Re: Polymorphic GOData

Hi,

Le mercredi 22 avril 2009 à 19:38 -0400, Morten Welinder a écrit :
get_n_sizes seems to me is returning the number
of coordinates, i.e., what we would normally call
the dimension.  "get_n_dimensions", perhaps.

At first, I have used get_n_dimensions, but changed it to get_n_sizes
for consistency with the sizes array. But I can put back
get_n_dimensions.

go_data_get_string refers to "positions".  They seem
to be what would otherwise be called "coordinates".

Ok for coordinates.

Why it is allowed to specify fewer coordinates than
the underlying class requires?  Same question with
more coordinates.

The idea was to let behave a vector like a matrix with 1 row, or to
access the first row of a matrix like a vector. But it's probably not a
good idea. And that would make the code simpler if we don't allow this
behaviour.

Why does _data_scalar_get_n_sizes return 1?  I would
have expected 0, i.e., one less than _vector_.

A mistake.

Why the initial "_" on lots of the names?  They are static
and thus not visible outside anyway.

There was a conflict between a virtual function implementation and an
already existing function (go_data_matrix_get_values). I've opted for
the removal of the go prefix for all virtual functions. But I can also
change that.

        Thanks for the review.

                Emmanuel.

--