Re: Compiling questions

Le vendredi 12 septembre 2008 à 21:51 -0400, john bellone jr a écrit :
I am a student at New Jersey Institute of Technology and I have been
looking into using Gnumeric to load large data sets of files. I
figured the best way to get familiar with the code was to compile it.
I am running (nearly) a stock Fedora 8 setup and have been running
into some compilation issues. It seems to have to due with the
LIB_SPREADSHEETS dependencies.

Sorry if I am a little incoherent - running on ten hours of work
behind a monitor and then another four diagnosing a problem with X11.
I am just going to briefly post the output of the ./configure attempt.
I'm sure you have seen this before so I thank you for your patience. I
have been reading up on your project for the past couple of days,
looking through source code and taking notes on how you have designed
the application.

The first problems are rising from:
./configure: line 21813: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21816: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21838: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21851: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21872: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21879: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21893: doltcompile: Permission denied
./configure: line 21898: doltcompile: Permission denied

Looks like you are working in a read-only directory or something like
that.

And then the rest of the problems:
checking for LIBSPREADSHEET... configure: error: Package requirements
(
        libgoffice-0.8          >= 0.7.1
        libgsf-1                >= 1.14.9
        libxml-2.0              >= 2.4.12

        libglade-2.0            >= 2.3.6
        gtk+-2.0                >= 2.10.0

        libgnomeui-2.0          >= 2.0.0
        gconf-2.0
        libbonobo-2.0           >= 2.2.0
) were not met:

No package 'libgoffice-0.8' found
Requested 'libgsf-1 >= 1.14.9' but version of libgsf-1 is 1.14.7

You must first compile and install the latest libgsf and goffice
versions.

I have used yum to download goffice-devel and attempted to download
the above dependences and it seems that none of the ones are coming
off that above list.

Thanks a bunch, I hope to be able to contribute if possible,
John Bellone
jvb4 njit edu

If you intend to contribute, I'd suggest to use the code from the svn
repository.

Regards,
Jean