PyGILState_Ensure assertion failed - OLPC - XO

Hi,

The project goal is to incorporate the functionality of interaction of the excel application (gnumeric) with the XO's journal. All the activities needs to register any change in that datastore (save and open files are made throw it).

In order to apply this option, we need to call some python code from the implementation of the worksheet in C code. This is called embedded python in C. The steps followed to accomplish this goal came from the OLPC site recomendations, in wiki.laptop.org. The python script for the interaction with the journal's datastore we get from: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Copy_to_and_from_the_Journal

The changes in the gnumeric code are basically in the workbook-view.c and main-application.c to handle the open and save options. In the main-application.c the method gui_file_copy_from_journal uses the python api/c to make the call to the journal script. after this method and during the open of the file, an exception rises. Although we are not sure, we believe it has to do with the closure of the python enviroment after the finalize call. We need to erase this exception or may be just handle it.

The error running in the XO is:

gnumeric: Python/pystate.c:561 : PyGILState: The assertion 'autoInterpreterState' has failed

The configuration of the XO where we are getting the exception is:

Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Oct 19 2007, 09:47:40) [gcc 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-27)] on linux2

The error is only rised if the python code calls the datastore's functions.

Does anyone have integrated a C application with the journal functionality? And solved this issue?

Thanks you all,

Pablo Fernando Posada Mansilla
Tata Consultancy Services
Ph:- +589 2 5185600
Mailto: pablo posada tcs com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Outsourcing
and any attachments. Thank you