filtering and copying in gnumeric

Dear All,

I am looking for a way to easily copy and paste filtered data in gnumeric. That is to say I wish to filter a data set, copy the resulting smaller data set, and paste it elsewhere. Whereas I would like to get only the filtered data when I paste, I in fact get the full data set. I cannot find documentation on this issue, except for a message on this list a while ago, which went unreplied:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnumeric-list/2005-September/msg00080.html

I would like to stress that I am very much a proponent of gnumeric, and prefer it to the very cumbersome alternatives there are out there. This does however seem to me to be a rather basic limitation of gnumeric.

I would appreciate any help you may give,

Andrea