Re: trouble using 2 plots on the same chart

Le Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:09:24 +0200,
Jean Bréfort <jean brefort normalesup org> a écrit :

Le lundi 30 juin 2008 à 22:53 +0200, Pascal Duchatelle a écrit :
I wish to put 2 plots on the same chart: a vertical column (bars) and a lineplot. Basically the bar plot
is a "histogram" and the line a fit to the data. Whatever the order in which I create both plots, once
the second is created, the X axis still has the correct scale (say 0 to 120) but the bars are just
shifted to the right between 0 and 40 (there are actually 40 bins/bars). This means that as long as only
one plot is created the X axis is ok (correct scale).
Is there a way to circumvent this problem ? The strange thing is that when using a histogram plot
(density; like I did before knowing it was not what I needed) together with a lineplot worked just fine
i.e. both plots were superimposed.
Thanx for any help.
Pascal

You most probably use an xy scatter plot as the second plot. I think
that a line plot would be more appropriate in your case.
You were right. Thank you.
Pascal

Regards,
Jean