windows version 1.7.12 fonts not loaded?

Hello,

I have just installed the windows build of 1.7.12 on a Windows XP. I already had pyGTK installed on the same machine. I was wondering if that might be the cause of Gnumeric not displaying any alpha-numeric characters? Instead it displays boxes where the words and letters should appear. Do I need to load some font files or set some type of environmental variable?

Many thanks for the great software.

dberg