Re: Are You Using Gnumeric for Work?

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 04:14 -0700, Tom La Bone wrote:
Are any of you folks using Gnumeric successfully for work in a "production"
environment? If so, can you share with me the kind of work you are doing
(business calcs, data manipulation, regressions, etc.), the version of
Gnumeric you are using, and the platform on which you are running Gnumeric
(Windows, Linux, etc.)? Thanks.

We are using Gnumeric in our introductory statistics courses, so we are
using it for various data manipulations, statistical analyses
(hypotheses tests, regressions, ANOVA,..), graphing etc.

We are usually using always one of the newest versions available in
Debian unstable (1.8.1 in the moment) and occasionally a fresh compile
from svn.

Platform? Linux of course. Our department doesn't have any machines
available for students that use anything but Linux. (I would like to say
that we are only running Linux but one faculty member has a dual boot
Linux/MS Windows machine.)

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta