Re: Error inserting a graph widget in a custom glade widget

Hi,

Le lundi 31 mars 2008 à 10:31 +0200, aalvarez igalia com a écrit :
I have subscribed to this list because I'm very interested in libgoffice,
because I have to paint some charts in an application that I have to
develop.

It's the right list for this kind of discussion.

I have created a xml structure with glade, where i let a custom widget
where to paint charts with libgoffice. The problem is that the charts are
randomly painted bad.

Very strange, indeed.

Could you please try to post a basic application that shows the issue.
It will help us to replicate it.

Thanks.

        Emmanuel.

The code of the function that creates the custom widget with a pie chart
is here:

GtkWidget* create_chart (MyTime* self, const char* str1, const char* str2,
gint int1, gint int2) {
      GtkWidget *widget;
        GogChart *chart;
        GogGraph *graph;
        GogLabel *label;
        GogPlot *pie;
        GogSeries *series;
        GogStyle *style;
        GOData *data;
        GError *error;
        PangoFontDescription *desc;
        char const *title = "Some statistics";
        char const * const legends[] = {"first", "second", "third",
"fourth"};
        double values[] = {10., 20., 30., 40.};

        // Initialize libgoffice
        libgoffice_init ();
        // Initialize plugins manager
        go_plugins_init (NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, TRUE,
GO_PLUGIN_LOADER_MODULE_TYPE);

        // Create a graph widget
        widget = go_graph_widget_new (NULL);

        // Get the embedded graph
        graph = go_graph_widget_get_graph (GO_GRAPH_WIDGET (widget));
        // Add a title
        label = (GogLabel *) g_object_new (GOG_LABEL_TYPE, NULL);
        data = go_data_scalar_str_new (title, FALSE);
        gog_dataset_set_dim (GOG_DATASET (label), 0, data, NULL);
        gog_object_add_by_name (GOG_OBJECT (graph), "Title", GOG_OBJECT
(label));
        // Change the title font
        style = gog_styled_object_get_style (GOG_STYLED_OBJECT (label));
        desc = pango_font_description_from_string ("Sans bold 16");
        gog_style_set_font_desc (style, desc);
        // Get the chart created by the widget initialization
        chart = go_graph_widget_get_chart (GO_GRAPH_WIDGET (widget));
        // Create a pie plot and add it to the chart
        pie = (GogPlot *) gog_plot_new_by_name ("GogPiePlot");
        gog_object_add_by_name (GOG_OBJECT (chart), "Plot", GOG_OBJECT
(pie));
        // Create a series for the plot and populate it with some simple data
        series = gog_plot_new_series (pie);
        data = go_data_vector_str_new (legends, 4, NULL);
        gog_series_set_dim (series, 0, data, &error);
        data = go_data_vector_val_new (values, 4, NULL);
        gog_series_set_dim (series, 1, data, &error);
        // Add a legend to the chart
        gog_object_add_by_name (GOG_OBJECT (chart), "Legend", NULL);

        gtk_widget_show (GTK_WIDGET (widget));

        return widget;
}

I attach too an image of the "strange" behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

--
Antonio Álvarez Feijoo
mailto:aalvarez igalia com