Re: ssconvert independence question

I don't think there is anything inherently impossible there, but I
doubt no-one has
actually tried it before.

Note, that Gnumeric (and thus ssconvert) is still going to insist on finding its
plugins.  Notably the Excel plugin in your case.  Possibly the same applies
to gdk-pixbuf.

Alternatively, you could wrap ssconvert in a web page on a server where you
can install what you like.  the client could then use wget or curl to submit
and receive.  Given the resources needed, I would not recommend making
such a web page face the internet.

Morten