Re: removing new line in a text cell ?

On Fri, 2007-06-07 at 16:20 +0200, Patrick Begou wrote:
I am working with gnumeric on a big excel file sended by a friend.
There is a column containing cells with a long text and this text
contains new line caracters. Exporting this file in text format (for
automatic parsing in shell and building html files) hangs as it works on
lines and, because of these new line caracters in one cell, a gnumeric
line is broken in an unknown number of lines.

I would like to remove these new line caracter (or replace them by
"<BR>") in the text cell but I didn't success at this time. Replacing \n
is not the solution...

Why is replacing \n with <BR> not the solution (after switching search
and replace to use regular expressions of course)?

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences